World Cup 2022 Day 17: All the major action and talking points
Now things are getting really serious.
Welcome to day 17 of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, and the very last round of 16 as two more teams will be eliminated from the tournament today.
Spain face Morrocco before Portugal take on Switzerland.
You can follow the updates live below.
Spain play Morocco at 3 pm, and although Luis Enrique's team got off to a flying start in this campaign, their loss to Japan in the final round of the group stages, suddenly leaves them looking much more vulnerable.
There was even a period where it looked as though both Germany and Spain would be sent packing, but the 2010 World Cup winners managed to scrape through in the end.
Although they are a very young team packed with exciting prospects, including an 18-year-old Gavi, Enrique's decision to not bring some of the elder statesmen such as Thiago or Sergio Ramos may prove costly.
At 7pm Portugal take on Switzerland in an intriguing tie as the Swiss have looked strong in the opening rounds, while Cristiano Ronaldo is yet to really shine in this competition.
It is more than likely the superstar's last ever World Cup so the knockout stages will make or break his legacy in this tournament, and the pressure is heaped on considering that Lionel Messi, his long time rival, appears to be stepping up to the task for Argentina.
- Roy Keane cracks up ITV pundits with description of Senegal supporters
- Shay Given on how far Ireland could've gone at the 2002 World Cup with Roy Keane in the team
- The problem with Jordan Henderson and England's midfield
While you're here, why not try some of our World Cup quizzes?
- The FootballJOE Qatar World Cup 2022 Geography Quiz.
- SportsJOE's World Cup Quiz: Brazil 2014.
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy - 2006 World Cup Final.
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country.
- QUIZ: Name the 2018 World Cup Goalscorers