PICS: A first look at the brand new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
So this is what all the fuss was about.
It’s ten years since the first iPhone was released and on such a significant anniversary, there was always going to be plenty of hype surrounding the latest editions of the famous smartphone ever invented.
Apple spared nothing with a launch event for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus at their swanky new campus in California and on first glance, it would appear as if the latest models are going to be very popular indeed.
Both models of iPhone, as you would expect, come with all manner of specifications, but here are some of the basics.
- Glass at the front and back
- Comes in silver, space grey and a new gold finish
- Most durable glass ever in a smartphone
- Water and dust resistant
- 4.7 inch retina display on the iPhone 8
- 5.5 inch retina display on the iPhone 8 Plus
- 12MP camera on iPhone 8
- 12MP dual camera on iPhone 8 Plus
- Wireless charging
- A brand new chip, called the A11 bionic
- Both models available in 64GB and 256 GB
- Price of iPhone 8 starts at $699 (from €829 in Ireland)
- Price of iPhone 8 starts at $799 (from €939 in Ireland)
The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are expected to be released in Ireland on Friday, September 22. Both models will be available to pre-order from this Friday, September 15.
As had been speculated, meanwhile, Apple also announced the release of the iPhone X, which comes with a super retina screen, the highest pixel density in an iPhone and a new user identification system called Face ID.
For more information, check out Apple Ireland.
While you're here, why not check out our JOE Show Daddy's Home 2 Special with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell!
Read more about: