Fancy winning a place at the Nike Football Academy in London? Read on...
It's a pretty great opportunity...
‘The Dream‘ is a nationwide search for undiscovered young Irish football talent to compete in local trials to win a once in a lifetime chance to trial for the Nike Academy over in London. This unique opportunity is exclusive to Life Style Sports in Ireland and is the first of its kind to be offered to any retailer worldwide.
Debbie Byrne, Marketing Director for Life Style Sports said today “We are looking for the best of youth based football talent in Ireland and we will be working with coaches from the Nike Football Academy to shortlist one lucky footballer who will win the opportunity of a lifetime - to trial for a place in the prestigious academy for a full year”.
Over 30% of young players who train with Nike Academy go on to secure professional contracts with top international clubs. In the past three seasons alone, twenty ambitious and talented players who attended the Academy have turned professional with high profile clubs, including Celtic star Tim Rogic (pictured above with Tim Cahill).
To enter The Dream, players are asked to submit a football CV to email@example.com before midnight on Sunday, August 17th. A shortlist of young football talent will gather in Dublin on August 21 to be put through their paces by a team of Nike Academy coaches.
Football CV Guidelines:
* CV should be maximum three pages long and ideally submitted as a Word document
* Include name, date of birth, position and club at a minimum
* Smile! – Enclose a headshot with your CV
* Tell us about your club and what makes it great
* Don’t be afraid to show off! Tell us all about your achievements, football and personal
* Dream big – what are your hopes for your future football career?
* Most importantly –tell us why you’ve got what it takes to compete at The Dream football trials
The players will be tested across a range of speed, technique, pitch intelligence and conditioning challenges by the coaching team with one being selected to attend the Nike Football Academy trial in London. The winner will also walk away with a top of the range Nike Football training kit including apparel, equipment and boots of their choice which are exclusively available from Life Style Sports. The Dream is open to players aged 16-19, based in the island of Ireland.