Happy birthday Luis Suarez: Here are all the reasons to love the Liverpool striker as he turns 27
Luis Suarez turns 27 on Friday, so we've set out all the reasons why we love the Uruguayan tearaway...
1) This, setting up Dirk Kuyt on his second ever start against Manchester United, was a bit special.
2) This lob from (almost) the half-way line against Norwich.
3) He’s on his way to beating the Premier League scoring record set by charisma's Andrew Cole and Alan Shearer.
(Hat-tip to 101GreatGoals for this)
4) Last summer wasn’t his finest hour, but he still gave us this…
5) This interview with young Liverpool fan Finn shows he's a bit of a softie (when he's not a bit peckish, of course).
6) He and Sturridge > Messi and Ronaldo.
7) This, for Ajax against Arsenal, in 2008.
8) His first 50 goals for Liverpool, laid out in glorious infographic.
9) Scoring four against Chile for Uruguay in 2011.
10) He’s a cheeky pup at the best of times. After that handball against Ghana in the 2010 World Cup: "The 'Hand Of God' now belongs to me. I did it so that my team-mates could win the penalty shoot-out. When I saw Gyan miss the penalty it was a great joy.”
11) Take out the biting and the ‘cultural differences,’ and he seems like a fairly humble fella. He’s no Zlatan, for better or worse!
12) It may have led to a 10 game ban and a tetanus shot for Branislav Ivanovic, but it wasn’t without its funny side.
13) He’s currently the best player in the Premier League.