Is the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium the most high-tech sports venue in the world? Check it out...
Now football fans can be even lazier as they drunkenly roar advice at the best athletes in the world...
San Francisco 49ers move to their shiny new 'Levi's' Stadium this year for their inaugural season in their new home. This is good news for their fans as it becomes the world's first ever Smart Stadium.
Located near Silicom Valley, the home of technology in the US, it is only fitting that the San Fran natives get the most tech-savvy stadium to match. Now accompanied with a special downloadable app for smart devices, fans can avail of some of the most cutting-edge in stadium technology.
Here is a list of benefits of the smart stadium:
- Wifi is available throughout the stadium.
- 4G phone data is also available due to antenna provided by mobile companies.
- The app can guide you from the nearest car park to your seats.
- The app can guide you to the gate nearest your seats.
- Inside the stadium the app can actually show you to your seats.
- The app can show you the nearest bathrooms or show you the bathrooms with the shortest lines.
- You can watch live replays of the game as you watch it.
- You can get a live breakdown of the stats of the match as you watch the game.
- You can order food and have it delivered right to your seat.
- You can order food and collect it at the kiosk, but no waiting in line as there are express aisles for the app users.
Sony have also provided 2000 TVs that will be littered throughout the ground, and 70 4k TVs will be in the suites, along with two massive LED displays to be placed either end of the field.
Image from Gettyimages.
Hat-tip to Time.