The best pub and hotel roast dinners in the country have been announced
The awards that everyone is interested in.
The overall winners of the Knorr Professional Ireland’s Great Roast 2019 competition have been announced.
Previously known as the Great Carvery of the Year competition, Ireland’s Great Roast is one of the most hotly contested culinary competitions in Ireland.
Venues from right across the four corners of the island entered the competition with the best pub roast going to Griffin’s Bar in Clifden, Galway, while The Limerick Strand Hotel won the best hotel roast.
“Once again this year the standard of the food served was fantastic but the two winners were exceptional," Jim Reeves, Customer Director at Unilever Food Solutions
"It’s a huge credit to the venues’ management, chef and serve teams that they are acknowledged with this win," he added.
The winners of the competition for each province as well as the overall winners have been listed below.
- Leinster Ireland’s Great Roast Pub 2019 - Beaumont House, Beaumont, Dublin 9
- Leinster Ireland’s Great Roast Hotel 2019 - Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey, Wexford
- Ulster Ireland’s Great Roast Hotel 2019 - Killyhevlin House Hotel, Enniskillen, Fermanagh
- Connacht Ireland’s Great Roast Pub 2019 (Overall Pub winner) - Griffin’s Bar, Clifden, Galway
- Connacht Ireland’s Great Roast Hotel 2019 - Galway Bay Hotel, Salthill, Galway
- Munster Ireland’s Great Roast Pub 2019 - Kirby’s Brogue Inn, Tralee, Kerry
- Munster Ireland’s Great Roast Hotel 2019 (Overall Hotel winner) - Limerick Strand Hotel, Limerick