Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Casein Chocolate Pudding
Chocolate pudding might not sound like the healthiest of dishes, but with the right ingredients, it makes for the perfect, guilt-free, post-workout treat.
The importance of getting food on board after a workout to aid recovery is paramount, but you don’t always have to resist the temptation to indulge yourself with a tasty dessert, especially when it’s low in fat and calories and contains the necessary amount of protein to aid muscle repair.
The Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein included in the chocolate pudding recipe below contains unique time-release proteins that are slowly digested, while it is also a rich source of glutamine and other essential amino acids.
Ingredients (for two servings):
- 2.5 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein – Chocolate Supreme Flavour
- 1 tablespoon of Optimum Nutrition Fitness Fiber
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 ¼ cup of water (or milk)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, gradually adding & stirring the liquid into a smooth mixture
- Divide into two smaller bowls.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for an hour to eat cold or if you can't wait, eat it just after making.