There is a huge Fortnite Battle Royale coming to Ireland in 2019
There is an incredible top prize for the overall winner, too.
At last count, over 40 million people log on to play Fortnite every single month.
That, in case there was any confusion, is a lot.
It has become one of those phenomenons that can only be described by taking up an entire window of Penneys (which is a thing that has actually happened).
To that end, it is safe to assume that the game is hugely popular here in Ireland too, and to celebrate that fact, EStars have launched a series of Battle Royales across Ireland and the UK in early 2019 in order to find the best Fortnite player in this part of the world.
The Irish dates are as follows:
- 15, 16 & 17 February 2019 - Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland
- 8, 9, & 10 March 2019 – The National Stadium at Windsor Park, Belfast, NI
Anyone who things they're good enough can buy tickets to the attend the event right here (from 10am on Wednesday 21 November), with the Grand Finalists from each Battle Royale in with a chance of claiming the overall jackpot prize, with the last gamer standing who claims the ultimate Victory Royale, walking off with a tasty £25,000!
The tournament is open to everyone from aged 12 and upwards and they will all be in with a chance to compete for over 600 individual cash prizes, which will be spread out across the ten different locations.
The final Victory Royale is set to take place on 31 March 2019 at Stamford Bridge in London.
For those who might want to head abroad (if the Dublin dates don't suit), then there are the full places and dates for the Battle Royales in the UK:
▪ 4th, 5th & 6th January 2019 - Celtic Park Stadium, Glasgow, Scotland
▪ 11th, 12th & 13th January 2019 – Emirates Stadium, London, England
▪ 18th, 19th & 20th January 2019 - Amex Stadium, Brighton, England
▪ 1st, 2nd & 3rd February 2019 - Liberty Stadium, Swansea, Wales
▪ 22nd, 23rd & 24th February 2019 - Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton, England.
▪ 1st, 2nd & 3rd March 2019 – St. James’ Park Stadium, Newcastle, England.
▪ 22nd, 23rd & 24th March 2019 - Etihad Stadium, Manchester, England.
▪ 29th & 30th March 2019 - Stamford Bridge, London, England.