10 McDonald’s drive-thru restaurants to re-open in Ireland and Northern Ireland today
All McDonald’s drive-thru restaurants on the island of Ireland will be open by the end of this week.
McDonald’s has confirmed the locations of a further eight drive-thru restaurants in the Republic of Ireland and two in Northern Ireland that will reopen today (2 June).
McDonald’s last week confirmed that all of its drive-thru restaurants will reopen by Thursday of this week (4 June) following a successful pilot scheme in May to test out new safety procedures for staff.
The eight McDonald’s drive-thru restaurants opening in the Republic of Ireland today are:
- Donaghmede Shopping Centre, Dublin
- Drogheda, The Waterfront, Louth
- Dundalk Drive Thru, Dundalk Shopping Centre, Louth
- Swords Drive Thru, Airside Retail Park, Dublin
- Balbriggan Drive Thru, Millfield Shopping Centre, Dublin
- Kilkenny Drive Thru, Hebron Road, Kilkenny
- Dublin Airport Drive Thru, Corballis Road, Dublin
- Carlow Drive Thru, Rathcrogue, Carlow
Additionally, two McDonald’s drive-thru restaurants in Northern Ireland will reopen on Tuesday:
- Bloomfield Shopping Centre, Bangor, Down
- Ards Shopping Centre, Newtownards, Down
Customers have been warned that, with restaurant teams adjusting to new procedures to enable safe working and social distancing, high demand is anticipated and service may be slower than usual.
McDonald’s drive-thru restaurants will be operating with reduced hours, between 11am and 10pm. Customers have also been asked to make contactless payments and limit their spend to €30.
McDonald’s has said it will continue to work with local stakeholders and An Garda Síochána as reopening is extended and, as was the case with restaurants in Dublin recently, may determine that it is necessary to close drive-thru lanes if queues cause disruption at busier sites or put employees or customers at risk.
McDonald’s said it will continue to review the new measures as restaurants continue to reopen, but that restrictions will remain in place for now to enable employees, customers and delivery partner couriers to remain safe.