We really, really wish this job in Galway was real
They say love what you do, and you'll never work a day in your life.
We have to say, we never visualised a job that could make us feel this way, until we saw the specs of this role in Galway.
McGettigan's pub are looking for a Quality Control Ambassador to join their team and represent their businesses in Galway, Bray, Letterkenny, Limerick, New York, Dubai and Singapore.
Have a read of the description below, and it will have cursing the existence of April Fool's Day and everyone who ever participated in the cruel spectacle it has become.
If this was real, we know more than a few people who this would be ideal for...
An exciting position has arisen for a Quality Control Ambassador to join the McGettigan’s team.
Your key duties will include:
- Product sampling – you will be required to taste our food and sample our vast range of alcoholic drinks – cocktails, beers, wines and spirits and provide feedback.
- Conducting regular quality checks at each of our McGettigan’s pubs worldwide including travelling to London, Dubai, New York and Singapore to ensure standards are maintained.
- You will need to attend various concerts, comedy shows and top sporting events for research purposes to ensure McGettigan’s is on trend with current markets and to stay ahead of competitors.
- You must network with important guests and friends of the brand – some of which will be high profile individuals such as professional athletes and musicians to develop company contacts.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have an interest in food and beverages. Those who struggle with late nights and hangovers need not apply.
- You will have a passion for live music and sports and be willing to travel to exotic locations on a regular basis.
- You should be comfortable hanging out with celebrities and be willing to host VIP guests on yacht parties as part of your duties and be willing to spend hours on the golf course with our brand ambassador, Irish golf champion Shane Lowry in order to develop public relations.
- Working for an Irish bar you must have the ability to have the craic and take pub banter on the chin.
- Working hours are flexible and a standard day will start at noon and dress code is casual.
- The salary will be $150,000 per year.
- First class flights when travelling and 5 star hotel accommodation.
- Unlimited meals and drinks allowances.
- Flexible working hours (we know how important weekends are.)