Claire Byrne reportedly likely to be announced as the next Late Late Show host
Is she taking over from Tubs?
Claire Byrne is likely to take over hosting The Late Late Show, an insider has claimed.
The broadcaster is the current favourite to host the RTÉ show when Ryan Tubridy steps down later this year.
And, according to a report in the Irish Mirror, the journalist is "the most talked about person in RTÉ" right now.
Last year, Byrne took a break from working in TV to focus on her family, though it looks like she is gearing up for a return. Earlier this week, she was announced as the host of a new quiz show titled Ireland's Smartest.
This may not be the only project she will be working on in the future, with an insider telling the Irish Mirror in regards to the Late Late gig:
"Everyone is saying [Byrne] will be the show’s next host if she wants it.
"When she finished hosting Claire Byrne Tonight, she was told she'll probably end up as host of the Late Late Show someday."
Who will be stepping into Tubridy's shoes?
RTÉ has not yet confirmed Tubridy's replacement, but Miriam O'Callaghan has stressed that she will not be hosting the show, despite being one of the favourites for the position.
Just yesterday, meanwhile, Lottie Ryan hinted at the role. During a Q&A session, the radio presenter was asked if she would "do the Late Late gig?"
Lottie quipped back: "Depends how good the money is," followed by a shrug emoji.
Who do you want the next Late Late Show host to be?
- Here's the line-up for this week's episode of The Late Late Show
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon had another huge star in mind for Robin Williams' Good Will Hunting role
- Bella Ramsey reveals when fans of The Last of Us can expect the second season
- Peaky Blinders creator set to write a new Star Wars movie
- Mission Impossible is bringing back a very obscure character
- One of the most underappreciated movies of the decade is now available to watch at home
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are making Cillian Murphy's new movie which is filming in Ireland