Two very familiar faces have joined the Frasier reboot
The much-anticipated revival of the legendary sitcom Frasier has already begun filming and two familiar faces from the iconic Seattle-set show are returning for the spin-off.
One of these is Peri Gilpin, who played Roz Doyle - the long-time friend and radio producer of Frasier Crane (Kelsey Grammer) on the 1993 to 2004 sitcom.
She will be back to guest star in an episode of the reboot, which is also titled Frasier.
Peri Gilpin will be back as Roz for the Frasier reboot
Frasier reboot: Two very familiar faces have joined the show.
Her involvement was confirmed by Paramount+, the streaming service producing the revival, in a tweet which you can see below.
She joins Bebe Neuwirth in returning for the spin-off. The latter played Dr. Lilith Sternin, Frasier's ex-wife, in a recurring role on the original Frasier, on top of appearing in its precursor Cheers.
Exact details on the upcoming reboot of Frasier remain under wraps but it will be focused on a new chapter in the title psychiatrist and radio host's life as he returns to Boston, where Cheers - also starring Grammer - was set.
The main cast for the revival, alongside Grammer, includes Only Fools and Horses star Nicholas Lyndhurst, as well as Anders Keith, Jack Cutmore-Scott, Jess Salgueiro and Toks Olagundoye.
— Paramount+ (@paramountplus) April 25, 2023
- Kieran Culkin finally reveals what happened to Roman's wife and kid from Succession pilot
- Avengers: Endgame director predicts AI will be able to generate movies in two years' time
- Netflix has just added one of the best comedy shows of the decade
- Conor McGregor reveals release date and trailer for his Netflix documentary series
- Ireland and the UK might never get two of the best shows of recent years
- Sony Pictures reveal first footage of new R-Rated Marvel movie
- Netflix's new TV series looks tailor-made for fans of classic action comedy movies
- Bond star singles out Irish actor to be the next 007