Netflix unveils spooky first look at new series from Haunting of Hill House creator
Based on an Edgar Allan Poe story, the show looks like Succession if it was a horror.
Based on an Edgar Allan Poe short story of the same name and other works by the legendary writer, the show is set in the present day and revolves around ruthless siblings Roderick and Madeline Usher, who have built their company Fortunato Pharmaceuticals into an empire of wealth, privilege and power.
"But past secrets come to light when the heirs to the Usher dynasty start dying at the hands of a mysterious woman from their youth," the Netflix plot synopsis reads.
Carla Cugino in The Fall of the House of Usher
Previously made into a well-regarded 1960 movie starring Vincent Price, the cast for House of Usher features several actors from previous Flanagan projects including Annabeth Gish, Bruce Greenwood, Carl Lumbly, Carla Cugino, Henry Thomas, Kate Siegel, Michael Trucco, Rahul Kohli, Robert Longstreet, Samantha Sloyan, T'Nia Miller, Zach Gilford and Irish actress Ruth Codd.
Meanwhile, among the newcomers to the Flanagan universe in the upcoming series are Mark Hamill and Mary McDonnell.
Comprising of eight episodes, The Fall of the House of Usher will land on Netflix just in time for Halloween on 12 October.
You can check out the first official trailer for the horror show right here:
- Tom Hardy returns to the big screen after two years with new biker movie
- Young Irish star makes Variety's 10 Actors to Watch for 2023 list
- One of 2023's best horror movies is now available to stream at home
- One of the best shows of the 21st century is back with a new season on Disney+
- New Netflix true crime documentary investigates infamous murder mystery
- Liam Neeson returns to Ireland in first look at new action thriller
- Jim Sheridan casts actress to play Sophie Toscan du Plantier in new film