I'm A Celebrity contestants evacuated from set due to Storm Arwen 1 month ago

I'm A Celebrity contestants evacuated from set due to Storm Arwen

Storm Arwen has wreaked havoc at the castle.

The I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here contestants have had to be removed from the set of the show after it suffered damage during Storm Arwen.

Advertisement

Along with the celebs being removed from Gwrych Castle in Wales, both weekend editions of the show were subsequently cancelled.

ITV said this was because of "technical difficulties caused by extreme weather".

On Friday, the show had to be pre-recorded for the first time due to Storm Arwen. Hosts Ant and Dec pre-recorded all of their studio segments, and no live vote took place for a trial.

In a statement, the show said:

"Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend (Saturday and Sunday).

"I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced tonight and tomorrow night in the ITV schedules by compilation shows (voiced by Ant & Dec) featuring best moments from previous series."

Later on Saturday, the show announced that the campmates had been removed from the castle.

Storm Arwen has caused notable disruption over the weekend.

So far, three people have sadly died as a result of the extreme weather.

Advertisement

The cancellation of Saturday and Sunday's shows is the latest blow for show bosses, with contestant Richard Madeley already having left I'm A Celebrity after falling ill and having to go to hospital.

This meant he had broken the Covid bubble and therefore could not return to camp.