Definitely the only movie to feature Clint Eastwood, Liam Neeson and Jim Carrey.
Black Mirror season six is now on Netflix but if you need something else to watch this evening, here are the movies airing on TV tonight.
The Dead Pool – Turner Classic Movies – 9pm
Our pick for tonight is this fifth entry in the Dirty Harry franchise in which San Francisco Inspector Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) must stop a secret contest to murder several of the city’s celebrities.
He eventually finds himself as one of the targets, alongside a director (Liam Neeson) and a rock star (Jim Carrey in his first dramatic role).
While it doesn’t hold a candle to the original Dirty Harry, The Dead Pool’s zany premise, pacy energy and tense action sequences – one involving a remote-controlled toy car is particularly memorable – makes it a solid final entry in the series.
Ford vs Ferrari – RTÉ2 – 9pm
Christian Bale and Matt Damon star in this incredibly entertaining ’60s set sports drama as car racing experts tasked with building a revolutionary vehicle for Ford to defeat Ferrari with at the Le Mans 1966 race.
Olympus Has Fallen – Film4 – 9pm
Gerard Butler must save the US President when terrorists invade the White House in this decent action flick that launched a trilogy.
Casino Royale – ITV4 – 9pm
Not Daniel Craig’s classic first outing as Bond but the weird 007 spoof from the ’60s starring David Niven.
Can’t Come Out to Play – Horror Xtra – 9pm
Also known in some territories as The Harvest, this tense thriller stars Michael Shannon and Samantha Morton as the parents of a sick boy who are hiding a dark secret.
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America – Comedy Central – 10pm
The well-reviewed big-screen version of the cult animated comedy.
Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool, our pick for tonight
The Quiet Ones – Turner Classic Movies – 10.55pm
An early role for House of the Dragon’s Olivia Cooke, she plays a teenager who may be possessed by something supernatural in this ’70s set chiller.
Reasonable Doubt – Legend – 10.55pm
In this average crime thriller, the life of a District Attorney (Dominic Cooper) spirals out of control when he is involved in a fatal hit and run and another man (Samuel L. Jackson) is arrested for his crime.
Anaïs in Love – Film4 – 11.20pm
This acclaimed French comedy from 2021 follows a young woman who falls in love with the wife of the man with whom she’s having an affair.
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome – ITV4 – 11.45pm
The late and great Tina Turner co-stars in this solid entry in the post-apocalyptic franchise alongside Mel Gibson.
- Ranking the new Black Mirror episodes from worst to best
- The makers of The Flash discuss why it took decades to bring the hero to the big screen
- The makers of The Flash describe Michael Keaton’s first day back as Batman
- Netflix has just added a very tense thriller series to its library
- Disney shuffles around movie release date calendar – impacting Avatar, Marvel and Star Wars films
- Netflix has just added one of the funniest movies of the last few years
- One of the best hidden gem shows ever has returned to Netflix
- Oscar winner Morgan Freeman stops by popular Dublin pub during Ireland visit
- Transformers movie producer says the franchise could come to Ireland