Paramedics called to Love Island villa to treat Irish star on first night
Love Island was brought to a halt just hours into filming after an Irish member of the cast became ill.
According to reports, Catherine Agbaje had to be tended to by paramedics on-site at the villa after taking a “funny turn” while the cameras were recording.
Insiders revealed details of the incident and say the estate agent became unwell on Saturday, just as filming began.
It is understood that Maya Jama called a temporary stop to the day's proceedings as medics treated the 22-year-old.
A source told The Sun: "Catherine started to feel ill during filming and she was seen by the villa’s medical team.
"Her welfare was the priority and filming with the other islanders and Maya was stopped until she was feeling better.
"It seemed the heat, nerves and not eating enough was the cause of her turn and she returned to filming not long after.
"Either that or the shock of being paired with Andre Furtado was a little too much to handle."
A second insider then hailed the speed of Love Island’s reaction to the incident, saying: "Catherine was seen instantly by one of the 24-hour medics which resulted in a short pause in filming.
"Once the medic was happy with her temperature she was fine to continue with the rest of filming."
Catherine is originally from Dublin but is now living in London.
After graduating from Maynooth University with a degree in psychology, she obtained a master's degree in Real Estate Development and Investment from the University of Greenwich.
Catherine now works with a South London real estate firm.
The Dubliner likes to share her luxurious life with her 11,000 Instagram followers. She often jets off on holiday to stunning locations around the world including Dubai, Greece, Cancun, Miami, and Punta Cana.
Just last month, Catherine shared videos of her partying with American rapper, Kodak Black in Miami.
Now, she has entered the Love Island villa in the hopes of finding the love of her life.
Love Island continues tonight at 9 pm on Virgin Media One.
- Netflix gives viewers first proper look at spin-off to one of its biggest movies ever
- One of last year's best horror movies has just been added to Prime Video
- One of the best war films of the decade has gone straight to streaming
- Prime Video reveals first look at spin-off to one of its biggest shows
- Brian Cox admits he hasn't watched the Succession finale
- One of the BBC's most popular crime dramas is now available on the RTÉ Player
- One of the greatest directors has come out of retirement to make a TV show