China reports no new coronavirus deaths for first time since January
The country said all new cases were arrivals from another country.
China reported no coronavirus deaths on Tuesday, the first time there's been no deaths in the country in a 24-hour period since it started publishing daily figures in January.
On Tuesday, the National Health Commission reported 32 new cases across China, all of which were arrivals from another country. There were also 30 new asymptomatic cases reported.
Fearing a second wave of infections from foreign arrivals, the country has closed its borders to foreigners, including those with visas and work permits.
The Chinese government says more than 3,331 people have died and 81,740 have been confirmed as infected in the country since the outbreak was first discovered in the city of Wuhan in the Hubei province.
Last month, restrictions on Hubei province began to lift as China allowed people to enter and leave the province as long as they had a special permit.
The restrictions on the city of Wuhan are set to be lifted on Wednesday, which will allow people to leave the city for the first time since it was locked down in January.
Authorities had designated more than 7,000 compounds as "epidemic free" and allowed residents to leave them for two hours at a time.
However, media reported that 45 of these compounds have since had their permissions to leave revoked due to the emergence of asymptomatic cases.
More than 1.3 million people around the world have been diagnosed with Covid-19, with more than 74,744 deaths as a result of the virus.