Gwyneth Paltrow seen whispering message in accuser’s ear after she wins ski crash court case
By Jack Peat
The actress was handed $1 in damages.
Gwyneth Paltrow has won a high-profile court case against a man who claimed she crashed into him while skiing.
The Oscar-winning actress had been accused by retired optometrist Terry Sanderson of crashing into him on a Utah ski slope in 2016.
He had sought $300,000 in damages after he alleged the incident left him with a permanent traumatic brain injury that robbed him of “his enjoyment for life”.
During the trial, Paltrow’s lawyer Steven Owens stated that the actress had become a “punching bag” for Sanderson and his family. Owens told the court: “He hurt her and then he asked $3 million for the pleasure of it.”
Following two hours and 20 minutes of deliberation, the jurors came to the conclusion that Sanderson was 100% at fault for the accident. They awarded Paltrow a symbolic $1.
The Iron Man star was seen leaning over and speaking to her defeated opponent after the decision was read out on Thursday evening (30 March).
🚨 BREAKING NEWS 🚨
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has won her court case regarding a skiing accident and has been seen whispering in the ear of the man who took her to court once the verdict was handed down. Entertainment editor Peter Ford @mrpford has the latest. #tms7 pic.twitter.com/C905s6KZT1
— The Morning Show (@morningshowon7) March 30, 2023
Associated Press states that Sanderson later told reporters that Paltrow had touched his shoulder and said to him: “I wish you well," to which he replied: “Thank you, dear.”
Commenting after the ruling, the actress said: “I felt that acquiescing to a false claim compromised my integrity. I am pleased with the outcome and I appreciate all of the hard work of Judge Holmberg and the jury, and thank them for their thoughtfulness in handling this case.”
Sanderson, meanwhile, said he stands by his version of events and, when quizzed about what he intends to do now, joked “maybe Disneyland!”
- Stage adaptation of one of the most beloved movies of all time is coming to The Gaiety
- One of Denzel Washington's best movies is being updated as a Netflix series
- A major MCU character is returning after 15 year break from series
- Colm Tóibín's sequel to Brooklyn will be published next year
- The location of The White Lotus Season 3 has reportedly been revealed
- 10 years ago, the makers of Trainspotting reunited for a supremely underrated thriller
- Shrinking is the best show nobody is watching right now