Ryan Tubridy won't be on the air for at least six months, confirms RTÉ
Tubridy is expected to face the Oireachtas next week.
Ryan Tubridy will not return to the airwaves for at least six months, RTÉ have confirmed.
The news comes as Media Minister Catherine Martin announced two parallel reviews of the broadcaster, investigating governance and culture, as well as contractor fees, human resources and other matters.
The reviews are expected to take at least six months and a spokesperson told Newstalk that "in circumstances where matters related to the presenter are of public interest, it is not appropriate for the presenter to be on air."
The broadcaster also confirmed last week that Mr. Tubridy would continue to be paid while off-air. However, whether this will remain the case moving forward remains unknown.
Ryan Tubridy and Noel Kelly request meeting with Oireachtas Committee
The former Late Late show presenter and his agent today requested that they appear before the Oireachtas Committee in a letter published by RTÉ.
In the letter, RTÉ said their clients wish to "fully cooperate" with the investigation and believed that they have "important information" which will "clarify a number of matters that have arisen."
The letter comes as members of the RTÉ Executive and Board continue to be quizzed on the ongoing payments scandal ripping through the broadcaster over the last few weeks.
One major topic of focus today, Wednesday July 5, is expected to be the revelations on Tuesday night that the broadcaster had three barter accounts, instead of only one - which it had previously claimed.
This is the type of account that was used to make undisclosed payments to Tubridy.
- Dee Forbes wrote letter to Ryan Tubridy promising not to cut his salary
- Minister rubbishes reports that RTÉ set for job cuts or selloff of assets
- Late Late Show's upcoming season will be a lot shorter, confirms RTÉ
- RTÉ's chief financial officer says he does not know his 'exact salary'