Three new deaths confirmed, 254 further Covid-19 cases
The most recent figures have been released.
Three more people have died in relation to Covid-19, while 254 further cases have been confirmed.
There has now been a total of 31,799 cases in the Republic of Ireland since the beginning the outbreak, while the death toll stands at 1,788.
In September, 14 people with the virus have died in Ireland. This figure was four in the month of August.
136 of Wednesday's cases are in Dublin, while 20 are in Donegal, 13 in Louth, 12 in Wicklow, nine in Waterford, seven in Carlow, six in Galway, five in Kerry
and five in Wexford.
The remaining 28 cases are spread across Clare, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Mayo, Monagahan, Offaly Roscommon and Westmeath.
The R number is now believed to be between 1.3-1.7 nationally. It was around 1 on this day last week.
Speaking at Wednesday night's press briefing, professor Philip Nolan said: "I am more concerned than I have been at any point since late April".
Ronan Glynn, Acting CMO said: "The current situation has deteriorated both in Dublin and nationally over the past week.
"Along with Dublin we have seen particularly concerning trends in Louth, Waterford and Donegal. It is now absolutely essential that people action public health advice and act as if they or those close to them are potentially infectious."
Earlier on Wednesday, Glynn said based on current advice, health experts don't want people from Dublin to mix with any more than one other household.