6 years ago
Easy Exercise of the Week: Alternating Dumbbell Lunge
Beef up and strengthen your legs with this exercise.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells and stand upright with your eyes focused forward, feet hip-width apart and arms hanging straight down at your sides.
- Step forward about 2-4 feet with one leg and bend your knee to lower your hips until your front quad is parallel to the floor and your back knee is a few inches off the floor.
- Both knees should be bent roughly 90 degrees at the bottom, and your upper body should be vertical, with your abs tight and chest up. Your front knee should not travel past your toes.
- Pause briefly in the bottom position, then press through the heel of your front foot to extend your hip and knee and return to the start position.
- At the top, squeeze your quads, hams and glutes for a count before switching sides. Alternate legs for reps.
Clip via ScottHermanFitness