4 years ago
Easy Exercise of the Week: Close-Grip Front Lat Pull-Down
A great exercise to get those lats in shape while also working the biceps, middle back and shoulders.
- Sit down on a pull-down machine with a wide bar attached to the top pulley.
- Grab the bar with the palms facing forward using the prescribed grip. To work the lats, go for a close grip at a distance smaller than your shoulder width.
- As you have both arms extended in front of you - while holding the bar at the chosen grip width - bring your torso back around 30 degrees or so while creating a curvature on your lower back and sticking your chest out. This is your starting position.
- As you breathe out, bring the bar down until it touches your upper chest by drawing the shoulders and the upper arms down and back.
- After a second in the contracted position, while squeezing your shoulder blades together, slowly raise the bar back to the starting position when your arms are fully extended and the lats are fully stretched. Inhale during this part of the movement.
- Repeat for desired amount of reps
Clip via ScottHermanFitness