4 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Beef and sweet potato stew
The perfect dish to fill you up and keep you warm on these cold winter nights.
Ingredients (for four servings):
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 400g beef stir-fry strips
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Chop the sweet potatoes into a number of small cubes.
- Heat up a tablespoon of coconut oil and drizzle over a baking tray, then place the cubes of sweet potatoes on it.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Slice the onion and the clove of garlic.
- Add one tablespoons of olive oil to a large saucepan and cook the sliced garlic and onion for approximately five minutes.
- Chop the red pepper and the yellow pepper and add to the saucepan along with the beef stir fry strips and the tomatoes.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the meat is cooked through and add boiling water if necessary.
- When ready, ladle the stew onto a plate with the sweet potatoes and the dish is ready to serve.