6 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Turkey burgers
Easy to make and healthy to eat, why not give this recipe for turkey burgers a go for dinner this evening?
Ingredients (for a serving of approximately four burgers):
- 2 turkey breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of Crushed Garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Wholegrain burger buns
- Cut up the turkey breasts into small pieces.
- Chop the onion, crush the garlic and place them into a bowl along with the pieces of turkey.
- Crack open an egg and pour it into the bowl to help bind the mixture, mix with half a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper and divide the mixture into four parts to be shaped into patties.
- Place the patties onto a baking tray and place the baking tray under a pre-heated grill for ten minutes on each side or until cooked straight through.
- Allow to cool for approximately one minute and the dish is ready to serve. Place burgers in wholegrain burger buns and enjoy.
Serving suggestion: Garnish burgers with coriander for extra flavour. Also, guacamole goes well with the burgers, either dolloped on top of the burgers themselves or as a side dish.