9 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Vanilla Protein Pancakes
Dessert might sound like a dirty word in a diet plan, but there are tasty and healthy treats you can make and enjoy without being riddled with guilt afterwards.
An example of a tasty and healthy dessert are Vanilla Protein Pancakes, which are really easy to make.
Ingredients (for a serving of approximately four pancakes):
- 1 Scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein (Vanilla flavour)
- Coconut oil (used to oil the frying pan)
- 3 egg whites
- 60ml of milk
- A little bit of cinnamon
- Mix the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein, egg whites, milk and cinnamon in a bowl, stir regularly and thoroughly until the consistency of the mixture is smooth
- Heat the frying pan until very hot and then turn the heat down to a medium setting before adding enough coconut oil (approximately 1 teaspoon) to cover the pan with a thin base.
- Pour the mixture onto pan and cook at a medium heat sitting until the mixture begins to appear dry on top and the edges begin to turn brown.
- Flip the pancake over, using a spatula if necessary, and cook the other side of the pancake, which should be ready to eat after approximately two minutes.
Serving suggestion: Add some berries to garnish the pancake or top it off with some Greek Yoghurt.