Brian Cox joined ‘007: Road to a Million’ thinking it was the next James Bond film
"I thought this was my moment"
British actor Brian Cox has made a startling confession on Tuesday’s episode of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
The 77-year-old was recently offered a role on the new reality TV show 007: Road to a Million in which contestants compete in Bond-inspired challenges for a cash prize.
Brian Cox however thought a much bigger career milestone had landed at this feet...
"I thought it was the new James Bond film.
So I said, ‘Oh, finally they’re getting me in a James Bond movie'. I thought, 'Yes, of course!'"
A real Cox up!
Unfortunately for Brian Cox, and the film-loving public, he quickly learned that “there was no script and there was no James Bond movie.”
“For years, I thought, you know I would love to be in James Bond. It would be really interesting. And I thought this was my moment, but it wasn’t.”
He's instead taking part as the game controller of Amazon Prime's latest reality series 007: Road to a Million.
Nine pairs of average joes will channel their inner Bonds, competing in 007 style challenges for a big money prize. Unfortunately we won't be seeing Brian Cox with a shaken not stirred martini any time soon.
007: Road to a Million is available to stream on Amazon Prime from 10 November. The early reviews for the show say the 'scene-chewingly villainous' Brian Cox is the best thing about it.
- 2023's 'best Netflix thriller' finally available to watch at home (but not on Netflix)
- 11 must-watch movies coming to the cinema this November
- Disney has just made its first ever adults-only superhero project
- Robbie Williams is bracingly honest about 1999 Slane gig in new Netflix doc
- Netflix quietly adds 13 huge movies to its library
One of 2023's most shocking movies is now available to watch at home
- Three of 2024's biggest shows officially pushed back to 2025