Gavin and Stacey is returning for another Christmas special
It's the news fans have been dreaming of.
Gavin and Stacey is one of the most loved comedies this side of the Atlantic and now it looks like it's coming back for a new Christmas special.
They also report that the show is in development and cameras will roll in a few months time on the show, which is produced by Steve Coogan’s Baby Cow, Jones’ Tidy Productions and Fulwell 73, which is co-owned by Corden.
The last Christmas special dropped five years ago in 2019 and if that's anything to go off then we can expect this one to land on our screens on December 25.
The last episode, 2019's Christmas special, ended on a cliffhanger with Nessa proposing to Smithy, so chances are the new special will follow on from this storyline.
Deadline also reports that the bulk of the original cast will return for the special including Matthew Horne, Joanna Page, Rob Brydon, Alison Steadman, Larry Lamb, and Julia Davis.
Gavin and Stacey is returning for another Christmas special.
The original show ran for three seasons from 2007 to 2010, winning a BAFTA along the way, and also aired a much-loved Christmas special in 2009.
It's been reported that the BBC will be hoping Gavin & Stacey can hand a bit of a boost to what has been a quiet couple of Christmases for the broadcaster with the most-viewed show in 2023 being the King’s Christmas message followed by a Strictly Come Dancing special watched by just over 5 million.
- Netflix has quietly added one of the greatest gangster movies of recent years
- A very underrated comedy series has just returned for its second season
- Popular Irish cinema 'closed until further notice' after break in
- Stylish and thrilling new Irish horror movie is in cinemas now
- Legendary act confirmed to play massive Croke Park concert this summer
- Barry Keoghan speaks about being banned from Irish cinema as a teen on Hot Ones
- Remake of horror movie so brutal it was once banned is now streaming on Netflix