8 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Chicken with sweet potato and green bean salad
Homer Simpson once said, "You don't win friends with salad," but he obviously wasn't talking about this one.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 100g green beans
- 1 red onion
- ½ a head of lettuce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Grill the chicken breasts, and when cooked set aside.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into a number of small cubes.
- Heat up a tbsp of coconut oil and drizzle over a baking tray, then place the cubes of sweet potatoes on it.
- Cover the sweet potatoes with a drizzle of coconut oil, rosemary and season with pepper. Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Place the green beans in a saucepan of boiling water and cook until ‘al dente’, not too firm or not too soft. Drain the saucepan when ready.
- To make the lemon dressing mix the lemon juice, olive oil and some pepper in a bowl.
- Chop up the red onion and the half a head of lettuce and toss them together in a bowl along with the lemon dressing.
- Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans, and your dish is ready to serve.