4 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Grilled steak sandwich
A classic dish that works for lunch or dinner and is really handy to put together.
- 1 10 oz sirloin steak
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 whole grain baguette
- ½ a head of lettuce
- Trim the steak of all fat, season it with salt and pepper, place it into a pre-heated grill and cook for as long as necessary depending on your own preference (rare, medium, well done etc.).
- When the steak is ready, place it on a chopping board and allow it to cool before cutting it into a number of smaller pieces.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Add the ½ cup of sliced mushrooms and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until ready.
- Slice the large tomato and chop up the lettuce and red onion.
- Cut the wholegrain baguette in half, slice both halves open and add the pieces of steak, mushrooms, red onion, lettuce and tomato.
- Your dish is ready to serve.