John Cena reacts to viral video of fan approaching him in restaurant
He made a subtle reference to the clip at an event over the weekend.
In the clip posted to TikTok, Cena was eating food with a friend when the fan walked towards the wrestler-turned-actor and performed his signature 'You Can't See Me' taunt from WWE.
And while Cena was clearly not happy to be disturbed, he remained patient with the stranger - responding in a composed manner: “Can I enjoy some time with my friends?”
The fan then apologised and left Cena be, who gave a smile of appreciation to the stranger for respecting his wishes.
You can watch the interaction, which led to widespread praise for the WWE star on social media, right here:
@alex99rocks my friend met john cena and decided to be a cornball? @Arya ♬ original sound - alex
Cena himself made a subtle reference to the video during an appearance at the WWE Money in the Bank 2023 event in London at the weekend.
Going up against Australian wrestler Grayson Waller, the duo had a staged argument as to whether Wrestlemania should be held in Australia or the UK.
In response to Waller shouting: "No one says no to the Grayson Waller effect," Cena quoted the viral clip, responding: "How about: 'Can I enjoy some time with my friends?'".
Lmaoo dunno if anyone noticed pic.twitter.com/Q9Y6ECkw33
— Joe Mashups (@JoeMashups) July 1, 2023
Cena in general spends less time in the ring these days, appearing to be more focused on his acting career. He recently had major roles in the likes of Fast and Furious and DC franchises.
Regarding the latter, he starred as the antihero Peacemaker in the TV series of the same name which premiered last year to rave reviews.
- The movie everyone will be seeing this Halloween has released its first proper trailer
- Netflix has just added the ultimate '90s movie to its library
- 5 years ago, an underrated sequel cemented one of the rare franchises for adults only
- Clint Eastwood has started shooting his 'final film' at the age of 93
- Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones 5's cast and crew describe his final day as the legendary character
- Superman movie reboot has found its Clark Kent and Lois Lane