Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker named most memorable of past 21 years
Hard to argue with such an iconic character.
Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker has been voted as the most memorable movie moment of the past 21 years, by a large amount of Rotten Tomatoes users.
The popular movie reviewing website received over 25,000 votes when they asked fans to decide which moment stood out to them.
The moment in question was the introduction to the character, although if you ask us, there's about five or six scenes we could choose from.
The pencil trick, his terrifying speech at the party, "let's put a smile on that face". You could pick them all. But the scene Rotten Tomatoes went for was the first-look audiences got at the character.
Clip via FAVROx Media
The top 10 most iconic movie moments of the past 21 years according to the survey were as follows:
- The Joker from The Dark Knight
- The Snap from Avengers: Infinity War
- “I see dead people” from The Sixth Sense
- Carl and Ellie in the opening of Up
- Avengers assemble in New York from Marvel’s The Avengers
- The government lobby scene from The Matrix
- Gollum talks to Smeagol from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- “No Man’s Land” from Wonder Woman
- The upside-down kiss from Spider-Man
- Juan teaches Chiron to swim from Moonlight
- “Santa, here? I know him!” from Elf
- Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort duel from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
- “Remember me?!” from Mad Max: Fury Road
- The chest-waxing scene from The 40-Year-Old Virgin
- The bridesmaids get food poisoning from Bridesmaids
Quite a lot of superhero movies in there...