Jamie Dornan comments on rumours of him potentially being the next James Bond
It comes as he will star in a spy thriller for Netflix.
Actors suggested as potential successors include Aaron-Taylor Johnson, Cillian Murphy, Henry Cavill, Idris Elba, Jack Lowden, James Norton, John Boyega, Paapa Essiedu, Paul Mescal, Regé-Jean Page, Richard Madden, Tom Hardy and Jamie Dornan.
However, while the star of Belfast and The Fall admitted to being aware of the 007 discussions, he added that he does not let the gossip get to his head.
He told the outlet:
"I’ve been in that conversation for a good couple of years now. Sometimes I’m more in that conversation than other times. It tends to be if you have a movie coming out.
"I imagine that if people are making noise about [Heart of Stone] when it comes out on Netflix, and hopefully lots of people are watching it, then you enter that conversation again in a bigger way than you were before the movie came out. If people want to have your name, that’s cool. I just am not one of those people who give it a huge amount of thought."
Heart of Stone is out on Netflix on 11 August. It sees Gadot play an intelligence operative for a shadowy global peacekeeping agency that races to stop a hacker from stealing the agency's most valuable and dangerous weapon.
You can check out a trailer for the movie below:
Meanwhile, another Irish actor was recently singled out by a James Bond franchise star to be the next 007. You can read about that right here.
- Netflix unveils first look at controversial Squid Game reality show
- Here is your first look at the new show from the makers of Game of Thrones
- REVIEW: Extraction 2 has some of the best action you'll ever see
- Ranking the new Black Mirror episodes from worst to best
- The makers of The Flash discuss why it took decades to bring the hero to the big screen
- The makers of The Flash describe Michael Keaton's first day back as Batman
- Netflix has just added a very tense thriller series to its library
- Disney shuffles around movie release date calendar - impacting Avatar, Marvel and Star Wars films