Light House Cinema have a fantastic opportunity available for young Irish movie buffs
Did we mention it involves a trip abroad?
One lucky Irish movie buff could be a jury member at the Venice Film Festival later this year thanks to an amazing opportunity provided by the Light House Cinema in Dublin.
In association with 28 Times Cinema, Light House are offering film buffs between the age of 18 and 25 the chance to travel to the festival and avail of free accommodation while there, while also acting as a jury member for the films competing for the Venice Days selection.
Think it might be of interest to you or one of your friends or family members?
If so, check out the criteria for applicants below.
- Film lovers aged between 18 and 25;
- Excellent English skills (reading, written and spoken) are required;
- Good ability to write articles and blogs.
All sound good so far?
If it does, all you have to do is to send a completed application form filled in English AND a video selfie in ENGLISH, not longer than 45 seconds, telling your name, your city and country of origin and talking about one of the latest films you’ve seen and why you liked it (high resolution and a good audio recording are required) to email@example.com.
You can view/down the application form here.
If you’re successful, meanwhile, you will win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation in the Lido, where the festival takes place, and you’ll also be offered a free festival accreditation (giving priority access to the Venice Days screenings).
Applicants should be willing to commit themselves to:
- Be present in Venice before the start of the festival from Monday 28 August to Sunday 10 September 2017 (festival dates: 30 August-9 September);
- Be a jury member for the films competing for the Venice Days selection;
- Watch all the films presented at the Venice Days and at the LUX Prize 2017 Competition;
- Take part in round tables, discussions and debates with filmmakers and other guests;
- Contribute to a blog, which will be specifically developed for this event and to the media partners’ websites;
- Write a daily postcard for Europa Cinemas’ social networks;
- Be an active ambassador for the Lux Film Prize during the events organised after Venice in your country.
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to us.
For more information, check out the Light House Cinema website.