One of the best thrillers of the '90s is among the movies on TV tonight
It is based on a best selling novel.
However, if none of these are for you, here are the movies airing on TV tonight.
Top Gun - Sky Showcase - 9pm
"I feel the need... the need for speed!"
Mission: Impossible - Film4 - 9pm
With the release of the seventh Mission: Impossible movie - Dead Reckoning Part One - in cinemas next week, what better time to catch up on the original in the action spy series of movies.
Magnum Force / Escape from Alcatraz - Turner Classic Movies - 9pm / 11.05pm
It's a Clint Eastwood double bill on TCM.
Tom Cruise in The Firm, our pick for tonight
Moulin Rouge! - TG4 - 9.30pm
Baz Luhrmann's beloved jukebox musical starring Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman as lovers in early 20th-century Paris.
Aliens - ITV4 - 10.05pm
"Game over, man!"
Bad Samaritan - Horror Xtra - 10.45pm
In this 2018 thriller, Robert Sheehan plays a parking valet who burglarises the houses of the drivers he services, only to discover one of his rich customers (David Tennant) is a serial killer.
Robert the Bruce - AMC - 11pm
An unofficial sequel to Braveheart with Angus Macfadyen reprising his role as the Scottish king.
The Firm - Film4 - 11.15pm
Our pick for tonight is the third Tom Cruise entry on this list. He plays ambitious young lawyer, Mitch McDeere, who moves town with his wife (Jeanne Tripplehorn) to join a prestigious law firm.
Taken under the wing of a senior partner (Gene Hackman), however, Mitch comes to learn that his new place of work has a very sinister dark side.
Based on a best selling novel by John Grisham, The Firm is a supremely watchable thriller thanks to its twisty story, taut direction by Sydney Pollack (Three Days of the Condor) and incredible cast.
The latter also includes David Strathairn, Ed Harris, Wilford Brimley and an Oscar-nominated Holly Hunter.
- The movie everyone will be seeing this Halloween has released its first proper trailer
- Amazon Prime Video has just added 29 huge movies to its library
- Netflix has just added the ultimate '90s movie to its library
- 5 years ago, an underrated sequel cemented one of the rare franchises for adults only
- Clint Eastwood has started shooting his 'final film' at the age of 93
- Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones 5's cast and crew describe his final day as the legendary character