These are the top 10 most streamed movies on Netflix ever
How many of these have you seen?
In order to mark its 25th anniversary, Rotten Tomatoes recently released a list of the most major movies for the review-aggregation website since its inception.
Highlighting a number of films that reached significant milestones on the site or during its run, among the achievements was 'most streamed movie on Netflix'. This was determined by Rotten Tomatoes based on figures from Netflix showing how many hours viewed the streaming service's most popular films racked up in the 28 days since their release.
According to Rotten Tomatoes and Netflix, the action comedy Red Notice starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds took the top spot with 364,020,000 hours.
"Eight of the top 10 most streamed movies on the platform came to us during lockdown, and the most successful of them all was 2021's Red Notice," the review aggregation website wrote.
"Thanks to its shiny A-list trio of Ryan Reynolds, Dwayne Johnson, and Gal Gadot, the spy action-comedy netted a whopping 364,020,000 hours of watch time in its first 28 days of release, beating its runner-up, the even more star-studded Don’t Look Up (which debuted just over a month later), by more than 4,000,000 hours."
Also in the top five were the Sandra Bullock horror Bird Box, the Knives Out sequel Glass Onion and the action thriller The Gray Man, starring Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling.
Meanwhile, rounding out the top 10 was The Adam Project, Extraction, Purple Hearts, The Unforgivable and The Irishman.
You can see a list of the top 10 most streamed movies on Netflix and how many viewing hours they earned in their first 28 days of release below. For more information about the films, you can visit Netflix or Rotten Tomatoes.
- Red Notice - 364,020,000 hours
- Don't Look Up - 359,790,000 hours
- Bird Box - 282,020,000 hours
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery - 279,740,000 hours
- The Gray Man - 253,870,000 hours
- The Adam Project - 233,160,000 hours
- Extraction - 231,340,000 hours
- Purple Hearts - 228,690,000 hours
- The Unforgivable - 214,700,000 hours
- The Irishman - 214,570,000 hours
- Rotten Tomatoes reveals what was the biggest and best movie on its site since its creation
- 10 years ago, the makers of Trainspotting reunited for a supremely underrated thriller
- Christopher Nolan's upcoming blockbuster Oppenheimer is reportedly going to be very long
- New trailer released for Tommy Wiseau's follow-up to The Room
- Bella Ramsey reveals when fans of The Last of Us can expect the second season
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are making Cillian Murphy's new movie which is filming in Ireland
- You can finally watch one of 2022's very best movies at home