Ron Perlman wants to return for Hellboy 3 and 'finish the trilogy'
We would love to see it.
Ron Perlman says he "would love" to return as Hellboy in a sequel to his previous outings as the superhero.
Almost 20 years after the actor transformed into the red-skinned character in 2004’s Hellboy, before doing so again in Hellboy II: The Golden Army in 2008, Perlman has spoken out about potentially reprising the role.
For some 15 years there has been talk of a third installment with Perlman and writer-director Guillermo del Toro returning, but this has never come to pass.
Instead, the half-human, half-demon character was brought back in a 2019 reboot starring Stranger Things' David Harbour, though this was not a hit at the box office and was panned by critics.
View this post on Instagram
Ron Perlman wants to return for Hellboy 3
While attending a premiere of the Kuwaiti movie How I Got There, Perlman was asked by Geek House Show if he would every consider coming back as Hellboy if he was given the opportunity.
In response, he said:
“If we were to make the third movie of the trilogy, I would love to do that, yeah.
“It was meant to be three movies, so I would go back and do it if we could finish the trilogy. But those are the only circumstances.”
However, if Hellboy 3 is ever going to be made, audiences will most likely be waiting a long time for it given that a new movie focusing on the character created by comic book artist and writer Mike Mignola is in the works with Jack Kesy (The Outpost) in the lead role.
Titled Hellboy: The Crooked Man, it is expected to arrive in cinemas next year. For more on the project, see here.
- 2022's best film is finally available to stream at home
- You will 100% not guess the direction this thriller series' trailer goes
- Barry Keoghan's new Oscar hopeful looks brilliantly twisted
- New sports drama from the director of Heat gets pulse racing first look
- Michael Fassbender stars in hyper-stylish first look at Netflix action thriller
- New Netflix movie looks like a must watch for fans of dark crime thrillers
- Paul Mescal and Saoirse Ronan in first trailer for creepy new sci-fi thriller