Keoghan leads an ensemble cast in the upcoming thriller.
A first trailer has hit the web for Saltburn, a new drama thriller starring Barry Keoghan.
Written and directed by Oscar winner Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman), the movie will see the Irish Oscar nominee play Oliver Quick, a student at Oxford who struggles to find his place at the university.
However, he finds himself drawn into the world of the charming and aristocratic Felix Catton (Euphoria’s Jacob Elordi).
Felix winds up inviting Oliver to Saltburn, his eccentric family’s sprawling estate, for “a summer never to be forgotten”.
Barry Keoghan in Saltburn
Described as a “wicked tale of privilege and desire” and having already drawn comparisons to The Talented Mr. Ripley, the film’s cast also includes Alison Oliver (Conversations with Friends), Archie Madekwe (Gran Turismo), Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman), Richard E. Grant (Whitnail and I) and Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl).
And given Saltburn’s talent both on-screen and off, many are predicting that the movie could be a major Oscar player.
The film will open the BFI London Film Festival on 4 October before getting a cinema release on 24 November.
You can check out the trailer for Saltburn right here:
- New sports drama from the director of Heat gets pulse racing first look
- Michael Fassbender stars in hyper-stylish first look at Netflix action thriller
- New Netflix movie looks like a must watch for fans of dark crime thrillers
- Paul Mescal and Saoirse Ronan in first trailer for creepy new sci-fi thriller
- Netflix unveils first look at its biggest blockbuster of 2023
- First look revealed at new Irish comedy-drama that could be the next Sing Street
- Paul Mescal’s list of upcoming movies is staggeringly impressive