Aer Lingus release list of requirements as they look to hire 200 new cabin crew
Do you meet Aer Lingus' essential criteria?
Aer Lingus has launched a new recruitment drive with the aim of hiring over 200 cabin crew members.
The airline has said that the job opportunities are designed to attract "a diverse group of people, reflecting Aer Lingus’ wholehearted commitment to expanding and diversifying its workforce".
In a statement about the 2024 cabin crew member recruitment campaign, it said:
"At Aer Lingus, we are dedicated to delivering an exceptional travel experience to our customers whilst maintaining the highest safety and service standards. As a cabin crew member at our Dublin base, you will play a crucial role in making every flight a memorable experience, ensuring the highest level of safety, service, comfort and enjoyment for our customers.
"As a cabin crew member at Aer Lingus, you will be the face of our airline, delivering outstanding service and care to our customers. You will be operating on our busy transatlantic and short-haul flights and you will also fly aboard the brand-new Airbus A320 NEO, A321 NEO."
Aer Lingus is advertising fixed term contracts as a cabin crew member with a "basic salary of €24,617.39 (Gross) plus variable pay of, on average, €6500 p.a. (Gross)".
Among the perks on offer include "discounted Aer Lingus flights from day one of employment," as well as Dublin Airport "shopping discounts".
Aer Lingus to hire 200 cabin crew
The airline lists the following as requirements to become one of its cabin crew members:
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction (i.e. EU Passport Holder or Non-EEA Citizen holding Stamp 4)
- Must be able to apply for and obtain relevant US immigration/entry visas which is a pre-requisite for the role (for travel to/from the United States)
- Hold a valid passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
- 12 months combined experience in a face to face customer service/sales role
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidates must be able to swim 25m unaided, thread water and board a raft from the water unaided
- Flexibility and adaptability to working shifts, unsociable hours, weekends, holidays and overnights
- You will be required to complete a height and reach assessment based on our aircraft types as part of the recruitment process
- Must adhere to uniform policy and guidelines. Tattoos/piercings must NOT be visible whilst in any item of the Aer Lingus uniform
- Able to pass an airport security vetting procedure, including a five-year background check
- Two verifiable references
In terms of height and reach requirements, the airline also specifies: "Candidates must be a minimum of 158cm (5ft 2in) and maximum of 182cm (6ft 2in) and be able to reach into a compartment which is 180cm high and access an item of equipment which is 40cm inside the compartment."
Successful candidates will embark on an intensive six-week paid training program hosted at Aer Lingus’ Training Academy in Dublin.
The training courses are scheduled to run from January to May 2024, to align with the airline's busy summer flight schedule, and will see the new hirings "undertake a wide range of practical and theoretical components, health and safety procedures and customer-experience training".
Aer Lingus states that many of its cabin crew members "progress to other roles" within the organisation.
The deadline for applications is 29 September. To apply, visit Aer Lingus' website right here.
- Public bodies reportedly to be forced to accept cash after NCT controversy
- Patrick Kielty jokes about barbecuing England jerseys gifted to his sons
- RTÉ stops search for €60k-a-year Fair City photographer after backlash