
News
Share
Published 14:34 20 Aug 2026 BST
Updated 14:34 20 Aug 2026 BST

Iarnród Éireann passengers have been advised about delays up to 90 minutes on train and DART services.
The warning comes after “a major signalling issue” in Dublin related to the signalling power supply, which occurred around 12.30pm.
The incident affected all services between Landsowne and Donabate, including DART, Belfast, Northern Commuter, Sligo, Rosslare Maynooth and M3 Parkway/Hazelhatch.
Barry Kenny, Head of Corporate Communications at Iarnród Éireann confirmed that the matter has been fixed.
"We apologise to customers affected," said Mr Kenny.
Power was restored again after an hour and trains started running again. Delays are still in place, but they will ease through the early afternoon.
“The safety of our passengers and staff is our primary concern and services will be moved to platforms once deemed safe to do so,” published Irish Rails’ on its socials.
Explore more on these topics:

Mark Zuckerberg buys Waterford Castle
Tech giant Mark Zuckerberg has purchased Strancally Castle in Waterford. The Meta boss and his wife, Priscilla Chan, have bought the property from Michael Alen-Buckley, co-founder of London-headquartered private investment firm RAB Capital, and Giancarla Alen-Buckley. The purchase was made several weeks ago, as Zuckerberg had already had his eye on the land for some […]
News
2h
TD slammed for saying he was “sick” of posts about dead M9 teenagers
Cathal Crowe, a Fianna Fáil for Clare, said he is “sick of seeing people eulogising and heaping praise on thugs”. Five teenage boys died in the crash on the M9. The women and child they hit remain in hospital. In a post on Facebook on Tuesday, the Fianna Fáil TD said the five young men were […]
News
5h
News
Funeral details for M9 crash teenager removed after vile abuse
News