Conor McGregor lashes out at RTÉ in expletive-laden Twitter rant
McGregor is the latest to take aim at the State broadcaster in recent days.
Former UFC two-weight World Champion Conor McGregor has lashed at RTÉ on Twitter, following the recent financial controversies surrounding the State broadcaster.
A number of senior RTÉ officials appeared before an Oireachtas committee last week, and were questioned over issues such as the organisation's series of undisclosed payments to Ryan Tubridy.
The former Late Late Show host received six payments amounting to a total of €345,000, which were not included in RTÉ's publicly released accounts.
Following the revelations, McGregor took to social media site Twitter, where he accused RTÉ of "robbing" and "plotting". Although the series of tweets were deleted shortly after being posted.
McGregor described those working at the State broadcaster as "snobby c****" in one deleted tweet, which read;
"Rte ya’s little ooh laa laa heads. Robbing, plotting, snobby c****, look at ya’s now. Laughing stock".
Other tweets included expletive-laden rants such as;
"Scheming, lying, fake c****! We want our money back! RTE, ROBBERS OF THE IRISH PUBLIC!"
The MMA superstar didn't stop with RTÉ though, later going on to take aim at the Irish government;
- Minister rubbishes reports that RTÉ set for job cuts or selloff of assets
- Two Irish teenagers from the same school die on Greek island in separate incidents
- Apple set to remove an entire photo album section from people’s iPhones
- Brendan O’Connor says Tubridy scandal has made the public ‘feel foolish’
- Twitter co-founder reacts to Elon Musk applying reading limits on tweets