6 years ago
Tasty and easy to make protein recipes: Grilled salmon with sweet potato and basil
A delicious dish that fits right in with a healthy diet plan and complements your training regime.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon of light cream cheese
- 4 chopped up basil leaves
- FryLight 1cal cooking spray
- Chop the sweet potato into a number of thin slices.
- Spray a baking tray lightly with FryLight 1cal cooking spray and place the slices of sweet potatoes on it.
- Cover the sweet potatoes with a light coating of cooking spray and season with pepper
- On another baking tray, lay the salmon fillet on a bed of tin foil (enough foil to wrap the fillet). Season with lemon and pepper.
- Place both baking trays under the grill for around 20 minutes to cook, turning both the sweet potatoes and the salmon fillet over after ten minutes to ensure that they are equally cooked on both sides.
- Three minutes before the salmon fillet is finished cooking, remove the tray and apply a tablespoon of light cream cheese on top.
- Place the tray back under the grill for a further three minutes to allow the cream cheese to slightly melt.
- After a total of 20 minutes under the grill, remove the trays, garnish the slices of sweet potato with basil and the dish is ready to serve.