
Movies & TV
Share
Published 08:23 18 Aug 2026 BST
Updated 08:05 18 Aug 2026 BST

Sean Slater is coming home. The BBC has confirmed Rob Kazinsky is returning to EastEnders to reprise what the soap called his “legendary role”, ending a 17-year gap since the character last lived permanently in Albert Square. Irish viewers follow the soap on RTÉ One and RTÉ Player.
Sean, brother to Stacey and son to Jean, has made guest appearances in 2019, 2021 and 2022, but has not been a permanent fixture since 2009. He was once married to Roxy Mitchell, a marriage that collapsed on Christmas Day 2008 when it emerged that Jack Branning was the biological father of their baby, Amy Mitchell.
The soap told RTÉ Entertainment that Sean “will return for his family, and reasons, which are set to become clear”, noting his actions have previously “led to the destruction of more than one familial relationship on the Square”.
"I was lucky to spend years of my life working around the world, always championing EastEnders and stating the fact that one day I wanted to walk in Sean’s shoes again, but this time as a man. I’m home, and I can’t wait to bring a new level of heartfelt chaos to Albert Square in the way only Sean Slater can."
Rob Kazinsky
Executive producer Ben Wadey said he was “delighted” to welcome Kazinsky back. “Sean Slater was a big part of the Slater family and, as viewers will already know, where Sean goes, drama is not far behind,” he said.
No return date has been confirmed. For Irish viewers watching on RTÉ One it means one of Walford’s most volatile residents is on his way back, and another marquee name for the BBC’s drama slate.
Explore more on these topics:
The Diplomat season 4 gets an October Netflix release date
Who is back in The Diplomat season 4 Netflix has confirmed that The Diplomat returns for a fourth season on 15 October, releasing a first-look teaser trailer and a set of new images alongside the date. Because Netflix drops its originals globally on the day, Irish viewers get the new run on Netflix IE from […]
Movies & TV
14h
Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas Specials Cancelled As Brendan O’Carroll Faces Jaw Surgery
The recordings of this year’s Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas and New Year specials have been cancelled after Brendan O’Carroll revealed he needs immediate surgery on two fractures in his jaw. The 70-year-old Dubliner, who created the sitcom and stars as Agnes Brown, announced the news in a statement on Monday afternoon. What Brendan O’Carroll said […]
Movies & TV
15h
One of the best movies ever is airing on TV tonight
Movies & TV